If you live by the motto, “Go big or go home,” it doesn’t get any bigger than this grand tour of Alaska and the Yukon Territory. Where else can you see bears the size of buffalo, glaciers the size of states, and national parks the size of nations? In this great expanse of pure wilderness, the majestic mountains, never-ending landscapes, and supersize wildlife of the 49th state are waiting to transport you to another state of mind. Big sights are accented by even bigger experiences as you board the Alaska Railroad to the tallest peak in North America, the sternwheeler Discovery for a Fairbanks river cruise, and a small ship to witness the dominating glaciers and playful whales of Prince William Sound. You’ll also follow the tracks of caribou and moose in the 6-million-acre Denali National Park, trace the trail of gold seekers during the Klondike Gold Rush, and follow in the paw steps of Alaska’s famous dogsledding huskies. Gold stampeders may have once rushed across this wild expanse of the world, but there’s no reason for scenery seekers to hurry through. Add a leisurely cruise through the breathtaking Gulf of Alaska and the Inside Passage to your tour of Alaska to see more wondrous wilderness and charming settlements. Enjoy scenic cruising around Glacier Bay National Park and time in the frontier capital of Juneau, the tranquil town of Haines, and totem-pole-dotted Ketchikan.
- We’ve packed everything you need for the perfect holiday—from hand-selected hotels and dining to the friendly expertise of Globus Tour Directors and Local Guides, to seamless transportation between destinations and VIP access to the world’s most iconic sites! Touring by private, first-class, air-conditioned motorcoach with free Wi-Fi.
- Your package price includes Holland America’s ‘Have It All Premium Cruise Package.’ Included for 2024: Signature Beverage package, $100 Shore Excursion Credit, One dinner in a specialty restaurant and Surf Wi-Fi package.
- Your Train: The historic Alaska Railroad travels through Alaska’s spectacular scenery. This upgraded experience in Deluxe Dome Service features confirmed seats in the upper-level dome car, priority seating in the dining room, and a private outdoor viewing deck.
- While wildlife in Alaska is frequently seen year-round, May through early June and September departures offer greater opportunities for wildlife viewing. Departures after mid-August offer fall foliage. The Northern Lights (aurora borealis) are most visible in late August and September, weather permitting.
- This holiday visits remote regions where some facilities are not up to the first-class standards you’d expect from Globus. However, we have selected the best available hotels that satisfy our high standards of cleanliness and comfort.
- At least one member of the travel party must be 21 years of age or older.